“We” used henceforth are GetMyParcel.com and we are the data controller for all data that is submitted to us in order to use our services via – this portal (or) by other electronic means – viz. email, WhatsApp, chat on website, or any other electronic means. You can always contact us via our Contact page link.
Please note that links from our website may take you to external websites which are not covered by this policy. We recommend that you check their privacy policies before submitting any personal information to such sites. We will not be responsible for the content, function or information collection policies of these external websites.
What and How of Collected Information
We will only require you to provide the required information (personal or otherwise) to us where it is necessary for us to provide you with a service at your request.
We may request and receive personal information for the following reasons:
- Enquiring, quoting about our products or services
- Booking an order with us
- Using and browsing our website, including registering with the site
- Telephoning, texting via multiple apps, writing by post or emailing us
- Enquiring about, or applying for, job vacancies
This information may include the following information about yourself, depending on the product or service you purchase / enquire or depending on the actions you choose to perform on the website:
- Identification information, such as your full name and title
- Contact information, such as your postal address, email address and telephone number
- Additional information relevant to your use of our site and services, such as your marketing preferences, survey responses and feedback
- Information about your shipment, including the recipient
- Your VAT status (for international shipments)
- Payment information (this is securely collected and processed by our payment provider)
- In respect of job applications, your CV including details of your education and employment history (and any other information which you may choose to provide to us with your CV)
When you visit our website, we may collect the following information:
- The User Agent (device) details supplied by your internet browser
- If you choose to log in using a third party, we will record your choice of login provider (e.g. social login – such as google, facebook etc)
- If you choose to link your account to a third party marketplace to import items for shipment, we will record the details necessary to facilitate that link
- A device identifier (cookie or IP address) and general location for fraud prevention
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, website pages, links, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data
- Where orders originate from advertising sources, we record the source of each order. This is purely to allow us to assess the effectiveness of these adverts and is not used for customer profiling of any kind.
Information Collection Mechanism
If you choose to link with any third party apps for login / registration or through marketing links, then its details
if you fill any forms on the website as part of enquiring, or ordering any products or service
Length of time for retention of personal information
We will only store personal information for as long as we need it for the purposes for which it was collected, or for legal and regulatory reasons, or for running our analytics in order to study data progression in our systems, or for purposes of your account and data management. Where we provide any service, we will retain any information users provide to us at least for as long as we continue to provide that service.
If someone applies for a job vacancy (or otherwise send us a CV) we will retain the CV (and any publicly available information, for example from social media) for future purposes. If we are considering someone for a particular role, we may retain this information for longer than that period.
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- to process the order / enquiry based on the service selected
- to reply to your query / provide you information as requested
- to verify your identity
- to deal with any compliants
- to process payments including refunds
- to contact you re any questions about your order (or) any past orders
- to pass you information about any new offers (if opted in)
Protection your personal information
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy. We ensure that all information you provide to us is transferred securely via the website to the extent possible as per our understanding and IT capability. Where possible data is stored within UK, in a public Cloud, secured by providing all the although handling of data happens outside UK, under strict contractual conditions.
Your rights w.r.t your data
To our best understanding you have multiple rights under the UK laws on how we use your data. Below are the list of rights that is as per our understanding.
- You have the right to be informed
- You have the right to access your personal data
- You have the right to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal data
- You have the right to be forgotten
- You have the right to have a copy of your data transferred to you
- You have the right to object to direct marketing
- You have the right to object to us using your information for our own legitimate interests
- You have the right to restrict how we use your personal data
- You have rights related to automated-decision making and profiling
If you wish to make a complaint about our collection or use of your personal data|, please contact us in the first instance so that we may seek to resolve your complaint. We assure that we will do our best to ensure addressing your compliants to the best of our ability and practicality.
If you have any questions, do get in touch with us via our Contact Us page or by sending an email to – firstname.lastname@example.org